If you are thinking about what you can do with your children indoors, we have a fun and easy activity that uses everything you already have at home, and ABC Scavenger Hunt.
How to Play:
- Using the sticky notes, put each letter of the alphabet on a sheet. Lay the notes on a large table, or your floor, leaving space for the items the children find on their hunt.
- Have your children go around the house, into the different rooms looking for items that start with the letters of the alphabet. Some letters (Like X) may be a bit of a challenge.
- You can before you start, work on a list with your children with items that start with the different letters.
Words for Each Letter of the Alphabet
- A: apple, airplane, ant
- B: ball, banana, boat, brick, box, bag, bear, bat
- C: car, cookie, cake, cat, candy
- D: dog, dragon, drum, dime, doll, duck, dump truck
- E: elephant, ear, eye, egg, elf
- F: frog, feather, flower, flamingo, fire, flashlight
- G: giraffe, game, guitar, grape
- H: helicopter, hammer, heart, hat, horse, house
- I: ice cream, ice, inch, island, insect,
- J: joker, jacket, jam, jewel,
- K: ketchup, kazoo, kiwi, koala, kangaroo, key, kettle
- L: lizard, lion, leopard, ladder, lamb, leaf, lock, lips, lemon, light
- M: mouse, mail, map, mat, match, mitten, money
- N: nickel, nail, net, nest, nut
- O: Oreos, octopus, orange, onion
- P: pan, pen, Pokemon, pig, pet, pink, pot, pizza, pumpkin, pear, pretzel
- Q: quarter, queen, quilt, quartz, quail, question mark
- R: reptile, rabbit, rake, rat, red, ring, rocket, rose, rainbow, rhino, robot
- S: scissors, snake, strawberry, star, stop sign, sun, snail
- T: teacup, ten, tomato, toad, tiger, table, tail, toy, telephone, tractor, tooth, turtle, tree
- U: Uno, umbrella, utencils, underwear, unicorn, ukulele
- V: vase, vine, vest, vegetable, van, volcano, violin
- W: whistle, wand, walrus, whale, white, watermelon, wolf, worm
- X: x-ray, xylophone
- Y: yoyo, yellow, yam, yak, yolk
- Z: zebra, zipper
Happy Alphabet hunting