Red light green light is a game that every one can enjoy. It is best played outdoors in a large open space, so there is enough distance between the person who is "it" (traffic light) and the players running.
How to play:
- One person is chosen to be ‘It’ (the traffic light) and they stand a good distance away from the other players with their back to them.
- The other players stand in a line facing "It" (Traffic light).
- When It calls ‘Green Light,’ the other players move towards him until he spins around, calling ‘Red Light.’
- When they hear the 'Red Light' command the other players must freeze on the spot. Any child seen moving must return to the starting line. The children must remain frozen until the next ‘Green Light’ command is given.
- Play continues in this manner until someone reaches and tags It. The tagger becomes the new It and the game begins again.