Are you looking for some indoor or even outdoor activity if the weather allows, how about a musical movement activity twist and shout!
All you need is an open space (inside or outside), your phone or other music source, and a great twist and shout music play list:
How to Play:
- Show your child how to move with a twist (raised bent arms rotate with torso one direction, bent legs rotate with hips in other direction).
- Play music and start twisting with your child.
- Call out “shout!” every 15-20 seconds. Each time, your child must jump straight up.
- After landing, your child must resume twisting.
- Try to twist low to the floor from time to time.
This activity develops coordination and balance as kids shift their weight from one foot to the other while twisting their body through a dynamic range of motion.
Twist Song options:
- The Twist
- Twist and Shout
- Let's Twist Again
- Peppermint Twist