There are eight nights of Chanukah and you can always add some fun to your festivities by sharing some holiday trivia fun for your family.
You can print these questions and answers out for your family to take turns asking and testing each other for the correct answers.
1. What does the Hebrew word Chanukah mean?
2. For how many nights do we celebrate Chanukah?
3. What is another name for the potato pancakes we eat on Chanukah?
4. What is the name for the jelly donuts we enjoy on Chanukah?
5. What is the name of the spinning top that children play with on Chanukah?
6. What are the Hebrew letters on the four sides of the dreidel? What do they mean in English?
7. What is the name of the candle that is used to light the others?
8. What is the name of the money or chocolate candy given to children during Chanukah?
9. Why do we light Chanukah lights?
10. On the first night of Chanukah how many blessings are said?
6. Nun, gimmel, hey and shin. They mean "a great miracle happened there"
9. To recall the miracle of the oil that lasted for eight days when the temple was dedicated.