You may remember in the movie Jerry Maguire, the little boy in the movie had tremendous knowledge of totally random things in life. You may have a child in your home that also has that character trait.
While families are spending a lot more time together, we thought we could turn these random life facts into a family activity.
We will provide you with several facts that we have found. If you would like more or facts of your own, there are a lot of sites and links to find these facts.
Print off these facts and cut them into strips and fold them up and place them in an empty jar or box. Take turns around your family table sharing facts.
The game can continue by asking any older children in the house to find their own random facts to add to the jar.
Here are some random facts that you may not believe are true but are:
- Sea Lions have rhythm. They are the only animal able to clap to a beat.
- While you sleep you can’t smell anything – even really, really bad or potent smells.
- Some tumors can grow hair, teeth, bones, even fingernails.
- The smallest country in the world takes up .2 square miles: Vatican City.
- Hippopotamus milk is pink.
- The average person spends two weeks of their life waiting at traffic lights.
- Don’t like mosquitoes? Get a bat. They could eat 3,000 insects a night.
- A typical cough is 60 mph while a sneeze is often faster than 100 mph.
- American Black bears are not just black but include bears of varying colors including blonde, cinnamon, brown, white and even silver-blue.
- Because of the 4 stages of the Water Cycle – Evaporation, Condensation, Precipitation and Collection – water falling as rain today may have previously fallen as rain days, weeks, months or years before.
- Four times more people speak English as a second language than as a native one.
- Only one NFL team has a plant for a logo - The New Orleans Saints'
- It takes about 700 grapes go into one bottle of wine - That is about 2.6 pounds.
- There are 31,556,926 seconds in a year.
- Cans of diet soda will float in water but regular soda cans will sink.
- Birds can not live in space – they need gravity to be able to swallow.
- The average person will spend six months of their life waiting for red lights to turn green.
- If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
- The numbers '172' can be found on the back of the U.S. $5 dollar bill in the bushes at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.
- It would take 11 Empire State Buildings, stacked one on top of the other, to measure the Gulf of Mexico at its deepest point.
- The first person selected as the Time Magazine Man of the Year - Charles Lindbergh in 1927.
- The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
- Henry Ford produced the model T only in black because the black paint available at the time was the fastest to dry.
- Mario, of Super Mario Bros. fame, appeared in the 1981 arcade game, Donkey Kong. His original name was Jumpman, but was changed to Mario to honor the Nintendo of America's landlord, Mario Segali.