Learning and teaching mindful breathing is providing yourself, and your children with a skill that will be with them for life, in every situation they will ever encounter. This exercise will take five minutes, it can be done in your home, or if you are a teacher, in your classroom.
How to do this exercise:
Encourage children to think about how the breath feels, answering the following questions silently, in their mind.
* What is moving your hands? Is it the air filling your lungs?
* Can you feel the air moving in through your nose?
* Can you feel it moving out through your nose?
* Does the air feel a little colder on the way in and warmer on the way out?
* Can you hear your breath?
* What does it sound like?