It is very important at every age to ensure we are getting up during our day. Working from home or an office, or online remote learning, taking some time is integral for your body and mind health.
Here are some easy exercises you can do right from your desk or at home work space.
- Push your chair in and stand sideways behind it. Put your left hand on the back of the chair and while keeping your knee bent straight at 90 degrees, slowly lift your left leg.
- Lower your leg until it almost hits the ground and then start to slowly raise it up again. Repeat for a total of 10 times and then switch to the other side.
- While seated, stretch your legs, one at a time, until they are perfectly straight with pointed toes. Hold for 10 seconds at a time, then slowly lower them back to the floor.
- Rest your heels on the floor and flex your toes straight up toward the ceiling. Hold for 10 seconds, then release and repeat.
- Lift both feet and do 5 ankle circles to the right, then 5 to the left.
Forward and Backward Crawl
- Push your chair in and stand next to your desk and do forward arm circles for one minute.
- Once completing both left and right arm forward crawl, follow with backward arm circles for 30 seconds.
If you can incorporate these exercises a couple of times a week to start, they will be a habit in no time at all.