This short mindfulness activity is great for adults and children alike, connecting our bodies with the earth. This activity is best completed outdoors and if suitable, you may like to walk barefoot. It may be a seasonal activity depending on where you live.
Each child chooses a small area where they can walk in a line for about 5 or 6 steps and back then back to where they started without getting into another person’s way.
– What does the ground feel like under your feet?
– Which part of your foot touches the ground first when you take a step?
– Does your body feel heavy or light today?
– Are you slouching when you walk?
– Or, is your back up quite straight?
– Try not to change the way you walk, but instead just notice how your body naturally moves.