This activity can be done with 1 child or several children can compete.
- Poke a few holes in the bottom and middle of each cup (1 cup per child)
- Fill a bucket with water and put it at the starting line (1 starting bucket per child)
- Have the children line up at the start line.
- Set one empty smaller bucket in front of each child at the finish line.
- Give each child a cup with holes poked in it.
- Have the child scoop water from the bucket and race to fill the smaller one.
- First child to fill the smaller bucket wins.
To make the game more challenging have your child dance as they move from bucket to bucket. Or, try using a sponge instead of a cup to move water between the buckets.
If it's 1 child doing this activity, you can time them and do it repeatedly to see if their time improves.
Skills developed: agility, balancing