While exploring this chemical reaction, kids will observe what happens with vinegar reacts with baking soda. This activity is great for strengthening fine motor skills too, which will help prepare kids for printing and writing.
- Empty a box of baking soda into a pan or bin.
- Spread it out evenly.
- Drip different food colouring combinations throughout the baking soda.
- Fill a plastic cup with vinegar.
- Using pipettes or medicine droppers, have the kids drip or squirt the vinegar on to the baking soda.
- Once they have seen the fizzy chemical reaction happen again and again, they can press card stock on top of the baking soda and vinegar to make a coloured impression!