This activity involves making your own kinetic sand at home. Using the ingredients listed, you can make a beach at home! Once you've made the sand in a container, use your fingers to draw a picture, kitchen utensils, or a bucket and shovel to build a castle. Create a fun story to go along with it and preset it to your family and post it on social media! Can take it one step further by assigning a theme and drawing the picture/making the story according to the theme. Have fun!
1. Begin by combining the play sand and corn starch in a large bin or container.
2. Mix well.
3. In a separate container combine 1 cup of water with 1 tsp of dish soap, and stir until the water is bubbly.
4. Then, slowly add the water-mixture to the sand/cornstarch and mix well.
5. Mix and mix, slowly adding more water & mixing as you go.
6. Continue to add more water & mix until the desired consistency is reached.
7. Add buckets/shovels/kitchen utensils, and kids will have a blast as they create & play!
This activity is brought to you by Camp Northland, an overnight camp based in Haliburton, Ontario with a 100+ year tradition of creating memorable summer experiences for children and teenagers from Southern Ontario.