If you like salty and sweet, this two ingredient treat is for you. It is so simple it will take minutes to assemble and once you put them out on the table, like a real shamrock, they will be hard to find any leftover.
How to assemble:
- Place the green candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring well after every 30 seconds, until the coating is melted and smooth. (Remember that the chocolate will continue to melt after removing from heat).
- Prepare baking sheets by covering them with waxed paper.
- Using a fork, dunk a pretzel in the melted chocolate until it is completely covered. Remove it from chocolate with the fork, letting the excess drip off. Place on baking sheet.
- Repeat step two more times, each time setting the pretzel down to shape the shamrock on the baking sheet.
- Break a few of the pretzels into pieces to form the "stem" of the shamrock. Repeat the same steps and complete the shamrock shape. If you use 90 pretzels you should end up with app. 24 shamrocks.
- Refrigerate for app. 15 minutes to set. Once set, you can use a paring knife to remove any excess chocolate and they are ready to serve.