Make your own party popper to celebrate Canada Day! By using an empty toilet paper roll, some homemade confetti of your choice, tape and a balloon, you can create your own Canada Day celebration! You can follow a step-by-step guide with photos for this activity here: https://littlebinsforlittlehands.com/confetti-poppers-for-kids-new-years-party-activities/
The main supplies for confetti poppers are paper tubes from toilet paper, paper towels, wrapping paper, or canisters.
Here are the steps:
- First, you want to cut the top end off the balloon. Then you want to knot the other end (where you would blow up the balloon) of the balloon. Take the opening where you have cut off the top of the balloon and place it around the toilet paper roll and secure well with tape.
- You can decorate the outside of your confetti poppers with colored paper or scrapbook paper. Even basic white computer paper will work. Small stickers, washi tape, glitter paper, and markers can also be used to decorate the party poppers.
- Make confetti. This can be cut up using different pieces of paper, hole punched paper or anything light and colorful that you can think of! You can make it Canada Day themed by only using red and white paper.
- Fill your confetti poppers with a scoop or two of confetti. Pull down on the balloon end and let it pop!
- Have a broom or vacuum handy for after all the fun!
This activity is brought to you by Camp Northland, an overnight camp based in Haliburton, Ontario with a 100+ year tradition of creating memorable summer experiences for children and teenagers from Southern Ontario.