How to make:
1. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan and set it aside.
2. Make a batch of Rice Krispie treats as per normal directions.
3. Add butter to a large saucepan and start melting it at medium heat.
4. While the butter is melting, add marshmallows and keep mixing until it's all blended and mixed together. Remove from the heat once it's done.
5. For the red batch, add red food gel into the melted butter and marshmallow mixture. Fold in the Rice Krispie cereal until full combined.
6. Drop the mixture into the prepared pan and press down gently. Allow it to cool.
7. For the buttercream filling, in a medium bowl, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add in the icing sugar, and beat until smooth.
8. When the Rice Krispie layer is cool, cut it in half.
9. Spread the frosting on one side, and place the other half of the Rice Krispie layer on top.
10. Let the layers cool, then cut them into squares and enjoy!