Adults and children appreciate the appeal of a snow globe. A snow globe or glitter jar is powerful tool in mindfulness. Glitter jars and snow globes how mindfulness which is the cultivation of stillness in the face of swirling chaos of life—affects us.
How to assemble:
- Ensure that mason jars are clean and dry.
- With adult assistance. use the superglue or hot glue to attach your pumpkins or other decoration items to the inside of the lid. Let dry.
- Fill jar about 3/4 full of water (or about 1/2 if using corn syrup).
- Add 3 tsp. of glycerin (or light corn syrup) and 2 tsp of glitter. Leave room for air at the top (do not fill all the way).
- Place the inverted mason jar lid on the jar and secure tightly. Glue the jar lid in place and embellish as desired with ribbon, etc.
- Finally, if you like, you may decorate the base (lid) of your snow globe with ribbon, fabric, or pretty paper.
NOTE: This activity requires adult supervision.