Before you throw away all of your children's broken crayons, stop what you are doing! You can very easily take all those half used crayons and make them new again.
How to create:
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- Step 2: Get your children involved in peeling off all of the paper from the broken crayons. They can also sort them by colour if they want to make crayons the same colour or create their own colour palettes for their new crayons.
- Step 3: Fill muffin tins with broken crayon pieces. You can fill right up to the top as the crayons will melt in the process.
- Step 4: Place tin in oven for between 10-13 minute to melt the crayons.
- Step 5: Carefully remove the hot muffin tin and place on a heat resistant surface and let cool for about 25 minutes.
- Step 6: Place tin in your refrigerator or freezer for about 5-10 minutes. Make sure the tin is completely cooled or crayons may crack from the extreme temperature change.
- Step 7: invert muffin tin on a dish towel and crayons should fall right out.
Grab a piece of paper and begin to create masterpieces with your new recycled crayon creations.