Creating Remembrance Day celebrations at home is a great time to talk to your children about why we acknowledge this day each year.
How to assemble:
- Cut out egg cup from the egg carton. You can cut out a few to make more than one at a time.
- Trim edges off the top to create a round edge.
- Cut small slits in the top of the cup to create petals for the poppy.
- Using red craft paint, paint the inside and outside of cup and let it dry.
- Once dry, glue buttons or construction paper into the centre, or black paint works too.
You can also use paper plates or paper coffee filters for this mindful and creative arts and crafts activity. And don't be afraid to get messy and make this a finger painting adventure for the little ones.