You may remember being at camp and keeping all the wrappers from your juicy fruit and double mint gum and making friendship origami bracelets. For this activity, use thinly cut strips of coloured paper, and you and your child can create by hand origami paper bracelets.
- Start by folding the paper sides in to meet in the middle. (folding the long edges in)
- Then fold the whole thing in half (long ways) and in half again (long ways)
- Then you will fold the small strip in half so the bottom meets the top.
- Then fold the bottom towards the centre fold and the top towards the centre fold. Now you have the link for the chain. Repeat so you have several.
- Building the chain. With each piece folded up you slide the folds into each other so they are connected in a woven way.
- Keep adding to the chain so they go back and forth like so.
- When you have enough to wrap around the wrist weave the two ends together just as you were doing for the chain and you have a bracelet.