Best suited for young children (i.e., pre-school through to grade 3),
- Use full sheets of white paper or paper cut into shapes as your child's painting surface. Let them choose their own paint colours (we know what happens when we don't!)
- Pour the paint in a palate or on a paper plate for easy use.
- Have your child dip the Q-tip in the paint and practice creating small dots, patterns, shapes and designs on the paper surface.
- Use various paint colours (e.g. hearts, circles, stars).
- Bunch several Q-tips together to mimic a larger paint brush, allowing your child to practice larger strokes.