Instructions: How to make a Funny Flip Book. For a visual walk through, see this Wikihow page.
- Grab a stack of paper, ideally card stock paper that's thicker so it's easier to flip. A notebook or sticky note pad will do as well.
- If you like, although not necessary, think of a simple story you'd like to tell with your flip book (e.g. a man who accidentally walks into a pond).
- Using a pencil, draw your first figure(s) in the right corner of the last piece of paper in your stack. This will be the first sequence in your animated flip book story.
- Next, draw a variation of your figure again on your second last piece of paper slightly to the left, conveying an action (e.g., walking, waving) that fits with your story.
- Keep drawing slightly varied actions on each subsequent piece of paper.
- Use coloured pencils to make your story more visually appealing,
- Finally, when you finish your book/story, hold your thumb on the bottom-right edge of the paper stack and slowly pull upward, flipping through each page of the book.
- Pat your child on the back - they're a creative genius!