How to make a cootie catcher (Visit this site for visual aids and detailed, step-by-step instructions):
- Take your sheet of paper and fold it across diagonally, lining up the two sides.
- Fold the extra unneeded paper and make a crease with your finger. Cut off the extra paper to make a square.
- Folding the corners: Fold all four corners toward the middle of the page.
- Flip over paper with folded corner; fold the corners the same way you did in step #1.
- Time Make your cootie catcher three-dimensional: Slide you fingers under all four flaps using both your thumbs and pointing finger.
- Pinch pointer finger and thumb together and push them towards the centre.
- Finally, add numbers, colours, letters, or symbols at top of Cootie Catcher, corresponding to the participants' fortunes written under each.