Get nostalgic and learn how to make fun friendship bracelets. Make it your kids' ultimate summer accessory or a gift for their BFF.
- Cut 2 strands of multicoloured string about 5 ft long, fold in half and knot in the middle to make a loop. Secure with tape to a table or board.
- Cord 1 is on the left (both strands of the 1st colour) and cord 2 is on the right (both strands of the 2nd colour), with cord 1 is the holding cord.
- Use Cord 2 to tie a Half Hitch. A Half Hitch is tied by moving Cord 2 under the holding cord, cord 1.
- Pull cord 1 over, and back under Cord 2 on the right.
- Pull Cord 2 up to tighten. Keep the cord 2 end on the right when you are done.
- For the second knot, cord 2 becomes the holding cord. Use cord 1 to tie a Half Hitch by moving cord 1 under the holding cord, cord 1.
- Flip cord 1 over cord 2, then back under cord 1 on the left.
- Pull cord 1 up to tighten. Keep the cord 1 end on the left when you are done. Continue to alternate back and forth between the two cords to form the rest of the bracelet.