Do you and your family like sweet or salty snacks? Can't decide? While planning your next at home movie night, you don't have to choose. You can make your own homemade Cracker Jacks that will rival any boxed concession snack.
How to assemble:
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 200º F.
- Step 2: Place popped corn and peanuts in large bowl. Stir until mixed well.
- Step 3: Place brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter into medium saucepan. Bring to boil and boil slowly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and baking soda. Pour over popped corn and peanut mixture, stirring until well coated. Spread evenly on two large baking sheets.
- Step 4: Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Step 5: Cool and store in airtight containers.
Tips & Tricks
- Storing. To keep it fresh and crunchy, be sure to transfer the cooled Cracker Jack to an airtight container or Ziploc bag immediately after it cools. Store at room temperature for up to a week. Good luck if it lasts a week at your house!
- Easy cleanup: For fast and easy clean up, it would be best to use disposable lasagna pans. This will free you from having to scrub a broiler pan clean.
- Gift idea. Put the Cracker Jack in mason jars or decorative tins for an easy holiday gift or token of appreciation for a friend. Everyone loves Cracker Jack!