What you need:
- Toasted bread of your choice
NOTE: Whole wheat, White, Gluten Free or Rye work well
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine at room temperature
- 1/2 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Seasoning of your choice, salt, pepper, sesame seeds
Did you know that July 31st is National Avocado Day? Well now you do. You can enjoy this versatile fruit in many different forms, but for today, we will showcase this simple, trendy snack - Avocado Toast.
Sliced or mashed, anything goes with these fun and easy recipes.
How to assemble:
- Toast bread of your choice
- Spread thin layer of butter or margarine on toast
- Spread with avocado slices, drizzle with olive oil and seasonings to your liking.
Other Avocado Toast recipe variations:
Caprese Avocado Toast
- Instead of sliced avocado, mash it and season it. Spread it on toast, top with ripe cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced basil and drizzle balsamic vinegar over top.
Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on bread. Top with mashed avocado and then top with your regular shmear toppings; sliced tomato, cucumber, red onion and smoked salmon
Everything Avocado Toast
- If you love everything but the bagel seasoning, this one is for you. Layer a coating of cream cheese, top with your avocado slices and then a hearty splash of your everything but the bagel topping on top.
NOTE: Everything but the bagel seasoning can be made at home by combining: sesame and poppy seeds, garlic powder, (or minced garlic), dry onion flakes (or powder) and flaky sea salt