After coming back from your Easter egg hunt, your children can count their eggs and then enjoy this chocolate nest filled with mini eggs.
How to assemble:
- Step 1. Line large rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Step 2. In a large sauce pan, melt chocolate chips and nut butter on low, stirring constantly to avoid burning, for about 5 minutes. You can also melt in a microwave safe bowl in 25 second intervals to avoid burning. Remember that chocolate will continue to melt once taken off of the heat.
- Step 3. Place chow mein noodles in a large bowl. Pour chocolate mixture over noodles; stir well to coat.
- Step 4. Onto prepared sheet, drop 2 tablespoons mixture to form mound; repeat with remaining mixture. Shape into nests. Use the round side of the soup to create the dip in the nest for the eggs to sit in once set. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Step 5. To serve, fill nests with chocolate eggs. Makes app. 24 nests.