Are you looking for a new spin on a old treat? Look no further, your backyard camp team is here with a twist on traditional childhood favourite.
How to assemble:
- Step 1: Grease an 8-inch square baking pan and a large bowl with cooking spray, softened butter, or shortening. Place the cereal in the large bowl and set aside.
- Step 2: In a large saucepan, place the butter. Melt over medium-low heat.
- Step 3: Add the marshmallows and butterscotch chips to the saucepan and heat over medium-low, stirring frequently, until the mixture is melted and very smooth.
- Step 4: Pour the mixture over the cereal and gently stir until all of the cereal is coated.
- Step 5: Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan and gently press the treats into the pan with the back off a spatula until the top is even.
Cool for about an hour before cutting into squares.
TIP: We recommend to line your baking pan with parchment paper after you grease it. It makes for easy removal of the treats and you can cut them into squares on a cutting board as opposed to in the baking dish.