This treat combines the fun of an original Krispy treat, combined with Halloween fun!
How to assemble:
- Step 1: Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Step 2: Using a medium-sized saucepan that is large enough to also fit the marshmallows, melt the butter.
- Step 3: Add the marshmallows, turn the heat to low, and stir until the marshmallows have completely melted. This step should be carefully monitored as the marshmallows burn easily. Keep your eyes on this step of the process.
- Step 4: Stir in the cereal two cups at a time until they are thoroughly combined.
- Step 5: Press the mixture into the greased baking pan. We recommend greasing your hands as well to prevent the mixture from sticking to fingers. Allow treats to cool and then cut into rectangles.
- Step 6: Place a sheet of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
Decorating the treats:
- Using 1 cup of the colored candy melts at a time, microwave 30 seconds at a time until the candy has melted. Stir in the 1 to 2 teaspoons of oil until it is completely combined. Dip a portion of the rectangles into the candy, covering about 1/3 of each rectangle. Try dipping them both vertically and horizontally. Lay each rectangle onto the sheet of parchment paper. Arrange the candy eyes as you like onto the melted white chocolate.
NOTE: The chocolate hardens quickly so you will need to work fast while dipping and adding the eyes while the chocolate is still wet.
- Repeat with remaining color candy melts. Allow them to cool completely.
Plate and enjoy. You can also wrap individually in cellophane to offer friends and family at your house.
Store treats in an airtight container.