What could be more spooky and fun than your favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe filled with chocolate chips and candy eyes looking back at you? Get your children involved in the baking process and they won't be able to wait until they are cooled to eat.
How to assemble:
- Step 1: Blend butter, sugars, egg and vanilla until creamed.
- Step 2: Sift together dry ingredients and stir into batter.
- Step 3: Roll dough into large size balls and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Leave space between each ball and insert lollipop sticks into them. Alternate the sticks and balls as they will spread during cooking.
- Step 4: Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Once removed from oven, insert candy eyes on warm cookies. They can be added before baking, but can melt so it is best to add them as soon as the cookies come out of the oven.
- Step 6: Let cool on sheet for five minutes than move to cooling rack. Plate and serve.
- Feel free to use your own cookie recipe if you have a favourite
- You can add fall colour M & M or Reese's Pieces to the batter as well.