What you need:
- Apples (could be red or green)
- Cream Cheese
- Food colouring (optional)
- sprinkles and other toppings.
Toppings: chocolate chips, coconut, sliced fruit, nuts
This is a sweet treat that isn't a donut, but it looks like one! Using apples, cream cheese and toppings to create a fun, snack.
How to assemble:
This is the fun part. Your kids can create their own donuts by putting out the spreads on a board and let them build their own donuts.
- Step 1. Slice your apples about 3/4″ thick. Once sliced, use a knife, corer, or pastry tip to make a hole in the center.
- Step 2. If you want to colour the cream cheese, separate into bowls and add a few drops of colour to each and mix to desired colour.
- Step 3. Spread cream cheese on apples, decorate with sprinkles or other toppings and enjoy!
Other 'icing' spreads: Peanut butter, nutella or other chocolate spread