This treat is super easy and your kids will want to get in there to create and decorate their own 'trees'.
How to assemble:
- Step 1: Place the green candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent burning. Remember that the chocolate continues to melt when taken out of the microwave.
- Step 2: Arrange pretzel rods on a parchment lined baking sheet, leaving room between to create the chocolate tree.
- Step 3: Transfer melted chocolate to a large Ziploc bag, seal and snip a hole in the corner of the bag.
- Step 4: Working quickly (as chocolate will harden) create the tree shapes starting mid way on the pretzel as the widest part working your way up the rod to the tip (top) of the tree).
- Step 5: While chocolate is still wet, use the sprinkles to create the 'lights' on the tree. If you have a 'star' you can put that on the top of the tree.
Let set in fridge and once chocolate has completely set, they are ready to serve. Place the completed in a decorative jar and enjoy.
Trees should last a month in an airtight container store at room temperature (if they last that long).
NOTE: Wrapped in cellophane gift bags with decorative ribbon could be great hostess gifts or stocking stuffers.