If you are always looking for a new cookie recipe, look no further. This is a twist on tradiational shortbread adding rolled oats to the mix.
How to assemble:
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 ˚F (180 ˚C).
- Step 2: By hand or with a mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Blend in vanilla.
- Step 3: Gradually add in both flour and oats, until completely combined. (By hand work best for this step.) Chill dough for at least 20 minutes, till firm enough to roll dough out.
- Step 4: On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to about ¼ inch thick. Using your favourite cookie cutters, cut out shapes, reusing leftover scraps until dough is all used.
- Step 5. To avoid air bubbles during baking, gently prick cookies with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
Watch cookies closely, they burn easily.
Makes 24-48 cookies, depending on size.