How to assemble:
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.
*NOTE: if you like a softer, chewier cookie, cook for slightly less time.