Here are some of the items you can include on your hot chocolate charcuterie board. Invite your children to get involved by picking their favourite cookies, sweets and treats.
Here are some suggestions:
- Chocolate chips - varieties - milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch chips
- Marshmallows - jumbo, mini, coloured, flavoured.
- Sauces - hot caramel, chocolate
- Powdered sugar
- Yogurt covered pretzels, raisins or almonds
- Mini chocolate peanut butter cups, mini rolos
- Peppermint candy or peppermint sticks
- Shredded coconut
- Oreo’s (minis or full size)
- Gingersnaps, shortbread cookies or other mini cookies
- Whipped cream
As the temperatures go down, how about turning things up indoors. Whether you are coming in from shoveling the snow, or your kids have just had an epic snow ball fight, everyone will enjoy a big cup of hot chocolate with all the trimmings.
Creating your own hot chocolate charcuterie board is as open as your imagination. Take your largest platter or wooden cheese board and the rest is up to your and your sweet tooth imagination.
How to assemble:
- 1. Start by placing the items that need bowls first any kind of glass dishes, bowls or cups (chocolate chips), powdered sugar, chocolate sauce, and caramel sauce (You could use glass jars or warmed in squeeze bottles). Space the bowls throughout the board and add spoons to each for serving.
- 2. Next place the largest items throughout the board: the different cookies, jumbo and mini marshmallows, throughout the board! Space out all of the similar coloured items for contrast.
- 3. Finish by filling in the remaining space with the smallest items: mini peanut butter cups, mini marshmallows, coconut, etc.(you can use the mini marshmallows throughout to fill in the edges and any remaining holes.
Serve with plenty of hot chocolate and enjoy!